Middle Class = Exploitable Class

Aspirational tab defines the so discussed middle class. I have some core values, beliefs but I’m not a philosopher. Whole essence is that I always have a take on problem of others and there is a clear cut solution that I believe in. The solution may be feasible/ practical or not. I always feel comfortable with the people who agree with what I think. The only thing I do not like about myself is to blindly trust the person who just simply speaks my language. Am I exploitable?


 


The nation witnessed the birth of a new party recently and in a way supported them whole heartedly. Why? Because they speak our language. According to us whatever bad happens the reason is always corruption. We trust them without even having an iota of doubt and support their credibility as our representatives. Aren't these the same people who could not arrange a ticket for the constituency from other parties? Let’s take an example of the one who threw shoe at someone who was our representative. The shoe was thrown on us because we elected and asked him to sit there for us. How can he stand and desire to be our representative? But we trust them just because they speak our language?? 

They were chosen as the representatives of the constituency and were given a chance to form government. If we were the ones who selected them then who gave them the right to dissolve the government? The reason is not even worth discussing and would have been laughable if given in a college election. They were given five years to work for us and make our lives better.
 Were they given any checklist or even timeline such that if they fail to meet a task they should start packing for a holiday?

I recently heard an appeal on radio requesting everyone to advise them about so called “Public Fund” utilization. This fund is collected from every one of us while we buy anything, say Petrol, milk, toothpaste etc. The fund will be well utilized as the leader states. The same leader was given two years paid leave to pursue the higher education with a condition that he will serve our country with the newly attained knowledge. He then resigned from his post, not surprising. Whose money was utilized to fund his paid leave and higher education? Wasn't that ours??
The assemblies were setup in our country for a specific reason. If these places were useless then we could have saved millions and would have spent on other infrastructure needs. If I assume that people do nothing while sitting there then it would be injustice to an economy which showed tremendous growth in the last decade. It would be great to have a point of view of everyone but I don’t think I am capable of understanding the repercussions of the decisions at macro level. People are elected to sit there and expected to work in unison while it cannot be a daily routine for us. 


But I trust him because now he is speaking ‘my language’. Are my sentiments and emotions such that they can be so easily manipulated by anyone with a mask on? It’s not that I am not capable to understand what the intention of some people are. But I and my best friend – Hit & trial take time to come to a consensus. The common reply which I expect is that the writer is from opposition. For your information my dear Leader I am just a ‘Common Man’ from Indian Middle class.

By Ravi Sehrawat

0 comments :